Carbine Course 2
Basic Carbine Level 2 builds on the fundamentals of defensive shooting presented in Basic Carbine Level 1. After a brief review of key topics taught in Level 1, the Basic Carbine Level 2 course adds additional ready/shooting positions while introducing new techniques, including use of cover, shooting on the move, pivots and turns, and delivering effective shot placement. The class finishes with a live-fire performance test.
Basic Carbine Level 2 is taught at our Private Range. This 6-hour course is designed to enhance a shooter’s ability to deploy a carbine under varying conditions while maintaining a focus on using the carbine as a personal protection firearm. After finishing Carbine Level 2, students will have a deeper understanding of how mindset can maximize the carbine’s advantage, and better prepare you for our more challenging carbine courses.
All Instructor Derek courses are built on the core concept of reality-based training using high stress scenarios and other stress inoculating methods to achieve performance as close to fight or flight body response as possible.
- Reacting to high stress incidents
- Engaging threats while on the move
- Engaging threats from turns and pivots
- Malfunction clearing and efficient reloading
- Use of cover
- Shooting until the threat is stopped
- Balancing speed and accuracy
- Dealing with the police and other legally armed citizens
- Eye and ear protection
- Carbine (AR-15, M-4, or AK) with sling
- Minimum of 3 magazines and a magazine pouches
- 150-300 rounds of quality ammunition
- Weather-appropriate clothing
Students must be at least 18 years old, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. The student or parent/legal guardian signing the waiver must have a valid government issued I.D. *Must have successfully completed Basic Carbine Level 1 or receive instructor permission through assessment.
Students who cancel or reschedule a minimum of 72 hours prior to the start of a class will receive a full refund. No refunds within 72 hours of course commencement.